What is the most important thing you learned from your father (father figure, coach, mentor, etc) that you will never forget?
We love hearing from and publishing our readers. To make sure your piece is press ready, please make sure it fits the following guidelines.
- Written work should range between 500-1500 words. Any shorter often doesn't fully cover a topic, and any longer can lose people with short attention spans
- Content must be written by you and include reference to any sources used for information. We value integrity!
- Please proofread and spell check all content. For best results, share with a friend before sending it in.
- Please keep all submissions positive, encouraging, and conversational in tone, rather than negative or lecturing
- At the end of your submission, please include your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account handles, labeled clearly. We want to give you credit for your work, and your friends will want to read it, too!
- Share the love. When we publish your piece, please share the link to the article with your social media connections.
My Father’s Legacy
My father became a Christian out of a totally pagan cultural environment. He had begun listening to Sunday sermons onRead more.
My Dad, Elvis, and a Trip to Memphis: A Real-Life Fairytale
Gather round, children. I’m gonna tell you a scary story by the campfire tonight. Once upon a time, way backRead more.
Alfred. That’s my father-in-law’s name. Alfred. No nicknames. Everyone calls him by his Christian name, Alfred. Before I met him,Read more.
“Daddy” By Sandra J. Charite I remember sitting in your lap As you watched TV Wrapped in your arms, IRead more.
When our youngest daughter was three years old she received a free balloon at the grocery store – a pinkRead more.
My Dad Didn’t Miss a Performance or a Game
After watching The Father Effect documentary, I couldn’t help but to reflect upon the times spent with my dad. MyRead more.
I Never Knew My Dad
My heart sank as I watched the young dad’s story on the afternoon talk show. Not only had he neverRead more.
Alcoholism can take its toll on a father/child relationship. It leaves the relationship broken and causes pain in the heartsRead more.
Three Lessons My Dad Taught Me Without Saying a Word
My Dad’s dream was crushed very early on. Growing up he had always wanted to be a pilot. Not justRead more.
Sacrifices and Snowballs
The snow was falling in miniature but unrelenting flakes that accumulated faster than seemed possible. As we drove home, lawnsRead more.